It’s half way through summer and everyone is rocking the newest trends, but for the ladies who like to keep it simple, there is a certain style that always stands the test of time: classic style.
Classic style is embodied by the compilation of tailored clothing items that feature flattering shapes and styles. Style icons that represent(ed) this idea of classic style are Audrey Hepburn, Kate Middleton, and Michelle Obama. A woman sporting classic style lives for a good silhouette and almost always looks polished and put-together! We’d like to imagine what some of these ladies would wear during their summer activities. Here are 8 summer pieces for women with classic style:
1. A-Line Sundress or the fit-and-flare is the perfect dress for almost every season! But during the summer, these type of dresses making getting ready a snap because they can be worn to almost any occasion (backyard BBQ, wedding, work, date).
2. Strappy Sandals: As a woman whose style changes day to day, I can say that my best investment was a pair of black strappy leather sandals because they go with almost every clothing item I own! For the women who prefer sandals over flip flops, strappy sandals are the perfect summer shoe because they are more comfortable than heels or wedges, but still very dressy/sexy.
3.Cropped Tank(Fitted): Although some may not agree, I believe the cropped tank has become a staple in the classic woman’s(if not every woman’s) wardrobe because it pairs so nicely with high-waist garments. For example, you could pair a cropped tank with a high waist flare skirt for a casual, yet still classic look (baring minimum to nearly no midriff)!
4. Sunhat: Sunhats are mainly created to keep the sun off of your face and out of your eyes, but with recent styles such as panama hats trending, the focus has shifted to the overall stylishness of each individual hat! A hat is the perfect classic summer piece because it finishes off any outfit with a simple accessory.
5. Linen Shorts have been a summer staple for many, many years because of their ability to keep every woman cool and casual during the hot summer months. They can also be easily dressed up or dressed down to cater to several different occasions.
6. Espadrille Wedges: Stacked with height and wrapped in what appears to be rope, espadrilles are the perfect summer shoe because they will add sexiness to any outfit! If you’re prone to wearing the same go-to sandals every day, try switching them out for a pair of espadrille wedges once a week. This will definitely make a change in your appearance making you feel taller and full of confidence (the magic of heels)!
7. Shift Dresses work for almost any season because they are usually composed of thin fabrics that are easily layered. But during the summer months, ladies can show some skin by pairing their favorite sandal with a simple shift. Shift dresses are often worn with a thin belt around the waist to accentuate a woman’s frame.
8. Midi Dresses: Famed by its fabulous appearance on Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, the sleeveless midi dress has been a classic for quite some time now. With the revamping of midi lengths in skirts and dresses recently, the ideal summer outfit for a woman in classic attire will often feature a midi length because it is the perfect length to withstand the heat (not too long like a maxi that will trap in heat and not too short like a mini that will get blown around by the summer breeze).
I know that I definitely have a couple of these fabulous pieces in my wardrobe!
Is your style classic? If not, who is your style icon and how would you describe her style using one word?